10.07.2016

The Ikonn's

Wuynas Nuchis!, 

If you read my The Power of Gratitude in My Life blog, you would know that two people that have been very inspirational in motivating me to achieve my life goals and passions are Mimi and Alex Ikonn. I started following Mimi and her sister Leyla four years in 2012 when I found their LuxyHair channel on Youtube and fell in love not only with their easy to follow intricate braids and hair styles but also with their personalities. Besides posting about fashion ( btw, Mimi taught me about Color Analysis and its been life changing!), hairstyles/haircare, and travel videos, they would post inspirational videos too. I loved their perspective in life and was thrilled to see that Mimi would post more motivational videos, some of my favorite are:

- My Failures
- How to Be Happy and
- How to Make Your Dreams/Goals A Reality

These videos have catapulted me into a path where I've become more disciplined with myself and to not be too harsh with myself when things don't go the way I envisioned them to be. Not only is she such an incredible woman, but she of course had to marry someone just as extraordinary as her, Alex Ikonn. Together they've decided to become business partners and have achieved great projects like The Five Minute Journal and The Productivity Planner, as well as books like The Bingo Theory which I hope to purchase soon. Alex also posts motivational videos that I'm sure every twenty-something year old like myself would appreciate, some of my favorite are:

- The Mindset You Need to Succeed
- My Top Life and Business Lessons of 2015
- Why You Shouldn't Settle and Keep Going

Well, I especially wanted to talk about them today because yesterday they finally welcomed their baby girl, Alexa Ikonn, and those 42 weeks seriously felt like an eternity for their loyal followers like myself. I can't wait to see them embark in this magical journey that is parenthood and seeing how they're going to show Alexa and the beautiful places they've visited around the world. 


Also, today my aunt came to NYC from Lima, Peru to visit for two weeks and my grandma, who knows how much I love Peruvian handbags sent me a beautiful handbag that I'm sure will be my new fashion staple for the fall. 



Remember, Positive Mind, Positive Vibes, Positive LIFE.  Have a wonderful weekend!

Karen
- The Chic Engiruvian






Post a Comment

© The Chic Engiruvian. Design by Fearne.