2.15.2017

How is it February already?!

Happy 2017 my lovelies!

This past month and a half has been filled with new changes that have taken time to adjust to and I really feel like I'm now in a position to get back on the blogging grind. Also the truth is that lately I haven't felt the inspiration to pour out my heart into this blog like I did last year and I didn't just want to write whatever for the sake of putting content into this blog. I have jotted down a list of things I plan to write about on this blog on my beloved bando 2017 planner for the next couple of months and I'm very excited!



Besides that, I will like to sort of update you on a few things I've been up to and share with you some of the things I did for:
- New Years which was one of the best thus far πŸŽ† (besides my Ano Nuevo in Peru)
- The going away party I planned for my sister who is studying abroad in Europe πŸ—Ί
- Some protests I attended (cause Immigrants Make America Great Again) πŸ—½, and
- A few pictures that I took yesterday for Valentine's Day πŸ’–

New Years 2017

This was my first New Year's Eve that I spent away from my family and instead spent it alongside my boyfriend, his sister who came to visit from Los Angeles, and her best friend. His sister is friends with a DJ who's a party promoter for JunXion and they planned an incredible, one of a kind event! The party took place at the Paper Factory Hotel in LIC and the place was divided into different rooms that each had their own theme. There was an electrical Chinese dragon going around, aerialists, contortionists, body painters, drummers, and incredible performers that made the night memorable (sober or not).  Some of the people who attended came in costumes and you danced around fairies and even an astronaut! The place was filled with nothing but positive vibes and I highly recommend any of their other events, you can check out their events here.



Johanna's Going Away

My jojo bear is currently in the Netherlands studying for the Spring semester and to celebrate I decided to throw her a going away/ early 21st birthday party with the help of my mom and her two besties.  It was definitely not as easy as I thought since she's such a chismosa and I really didn't want her to even sense that there was any type of planning going on. I also don't know the majority of her friends and what type of food they will all like that is affordable yet delicious and presentable and I couldn't think of a better option than...PERUVIAN FOOD πŸ˜‹. The place we went to is Mezquite Restaurant which has both Peruvian and Mexican plates, it's BYOB (yas!), and there's an Italian bakery AND awesome family owned liquor store across the street. It was difficult bringing her into the restaurant (did not expect that at all haha), but overall it all went great with the yummy food, moscatos, and the company of her great friends. Miss and love ya jojo.




SJW

It's been not even a month since the inauguration of...that person, and the country has literally gone haywire under the power of someone who is not even qualified to be president. As a first generation American, the order of the Muslim Ban ( which has thankfully been taken away) blew my mind not only as a human being, but as someone who lives in a strong Muslim community. Going to these protests gave me hope in the future of this country and that we do have an impact in what happens in this country. I've been told that going to these protests is a waste of time but history has shown that peaceful protesting not only increases the visibility of the cause but it demonstrates the power we the people have. Politicians and federal judges notice this and make the moves to go forward and make our voices heard.



Valentine's Day

Yesterday was literally the fastest I have ever gotten ready for a date.I got ready in less than an hour and anyone who truly knows me is probably shocked because I'm very well known for taking forever to get ready. My bf made a reservation at our favorite sushi spot for 8:00 pm and I got home at 6:45 pm!!! I still don't know how I managed to be ready by 7:35 pm but I did and I will be in awe from that achievement for a very long time haha. We ended up being in a food coma after underestimating their bento box but overall we had a great time laughing over random stuff and reminiscing on our past V-Day's experiences. So thankful for you. Also, shout out to the sushi restaurant with the sweetest waitresses, Aji Sushi House in Ditmars Blvd in Astoria, Queens.They were so busy yesterday yet were so accommodating to everyone and their food was bomb af πŸ‘Œ.




I will be posting a Peruvian goodies haul very soon!

Buenas noches and love always,

Karen
-The Chic Engiruvian 

Post a Comment

© The Chic Engiruvian. Design by Fearne.